I posted back in September about an IA Ventures VC internship opening, but wanted to re-post as they are actively hiring for an internship position once again. They’re a solid firm that is extremely active in the New York VC/entrepreneurship community. If I were in the market I would definitely apply.
You can find the full application here, but basic details are below.
IA Ventures (http://www.iaventures.com) is seeking a Venture Capital Intern to support the operations and investment processes of our fund.
We are an early-stage investment fund focused on companies that develop breakthrough tools and technologies for managing and extracting value from Big Data. We also work hard to promote NYC entrepreneurship through a number of efforts, including TechStars NY, SeedStart and the Columbia and NYU Venture Communities.
We’re looking for someone who loves venture to help us in a number of ways. The more ways you can help, the more valuable you’ll be here. You should be analytical, innovative and driven. You should also possess a good head for business, a keen attention to detail, and a profound distaste for business formal.
- Help diligence potential investments, including: financial modeling, market analysis, and primary and secondary research
- Help build investment presentations for our portfolio companies looking to raise their next round
- Provide operational support to our internal initiatives
- Maintain our internal investment database
- Meaningful understanding of and involvement in the startup ecosystem
- Entrepreneurial operating experience is a big plus, but not a requirement
- Tech savviness is definitely, definitely required
- Strong verbal and writing skills (Powerpoint too)
- Exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Flexible, but we need you in the office at least one day a week (we’re located in Flatiron)
- This internship is unpaid