Thanks so much Judi for your time and for profiling us!
Posts Tagged ‘SkillSlate’
I haven’t been posting as often as I’d like; I’ve been buried under a rock lately working on SkillSlate. While starting a company is a ton of work, it is also one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever undertaken. I’m actually excited to get into the office every day.
Speaking of our office, I thought I post a pic of SkillSlate’s new home now that we’re finally just about settled. It’s a great space in the Chelsea/Flatiron area with plenty of open space and sunlight. It’s a pretty cool feeling going from working on SkillSlate from my apartment on the side, to having an actual space to call our own. Here we are cranking away!
My start-up, SkillSlate, is seeking a talented and energetic developer to join our core team. If you know of anyone good, please spread the word. Job description is below:
We’re a VC and angel funded local start-up looking for a driven developer to build a product that has a meaningful impact on the daily lives of New Yorkers (and beyond). We’re based in Manhattan (Chelsea/Flatiron loft office), and the ideal candidate can start ASAP.
• Belief in vision of individual empowerment
• Ruby on Rails (RoR) experience (min. 1 year experience) or equivalent (e.g. Django)
• BS/MS in Computer Science
• Entrepreneur-at-heart – thrives in a fast-paced startup environment and has the hunger to succeed and build a product that changes the world
• Demonstrated leadership ability and self-starter mentality
• Passionate about writing agile, elegant, DRY code
• Experience with search/vertical search
• Experience with automated testing / continuous integration frameworks
• Experience with database optimization (my.cnf, EXPLAIN, indexes, replication)
• Experience provisioning and managing cloud resources (Engine Yard, Heroku, App Engine, or equivalent)
• Strong user experience design / interaction design reasoning skills
Compensation: Competitive mix of salary and equity. This is a full time, permanent position.
SkillSlate empowers the 16mm+ individual service providers in the US to market their services directly to consumers. A SkillSlate profile provides detailed professional and personal information including pictures, fees, and reviews, all with the aim of not only showing what the person does, but who the person is. SkillSlate puts these profiles into a searchable directory where consumers can find service providers that fit their specific needs.
SkillSlate is backed by prominent venture capital and angel investors including Canaan Partners, Jason Finger (founder/CEO of SeamlessWeb), Peter Lehrman (co-founder of Gerson Lehrman Group), Dan Ciporin (former CEO of Shopping.com), and other high-impact angels. Learn more at http://www.skillslate.com/about