Given how rare VC internship opportunities are, I wanted to share this venture capital internship opportunity with IA Ventures. I had the opportunity to meet with Brad Gillespie while fundraising for SkillSlate. While it was a pass for them, Brad was extremely insightful and gave us some great ideas and advice (some of which we are actually working to implement right now). I’m sure they’d be great to work for, so good luck if you choose to apply! Details are below.
Title: Venture Capital Intern
IA Ventures (http://www.iaventurepartners.com) – an early-stage venture capital firm investing in companies developing breakthrough tools and technologies for managing and extracting value from Big Data – is seeking a Venture Capital Intern to support the operations and investment processes of our fund. The successful candidate will become a contributing member of a small team of highly successful investors and entrepreneurs. The candidate will be a highly analytical, innovative and driven self-starter with good business judgment and a keen attention to detail.
- Help diligence potential investments, including: financial modeling, market analysis, and primary and secondary research
- Research areas of strategic importance to the IA Ventures ecosystem
- Provide operational support to IA Ventures’ internal initiatives
- Maintain IAVP’s internal investment database
- Meaningful understanding of and involvement in startup ecosystem
- Entrepreneurial operating experience a big plus
- Tech savvy / net-native
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Flexible, but minimum of 15 hours per week
- This internship is unpaid
Please send (i) resume + (ii) one-paragraph explanation of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org BY SEPTEMBER 15